- vitiligo symptoms:
- White patches on the skin
- Premature graying of hair on scalp or eyelashes or eyebrows or beard (before 35 year of age)
- Loss of color inside the mouth and nose
- Loss of or change in color of inner layer of the eyeball
- Discolored patches around armpits or navel or genitals & rectum
Vitiligo - Overview
Vitiligo or Leucoderma is a pigmentation disorder that causes the loss of skin color in blotches (pigment making cells get destroyed). As a result, white patches appear on the skin in any part of the body. The hair that grows on the affected areas sometimes turns white. It affects the people of all skin types, but it may be more noticeable in darker skin people. This condition is not life-threatening or contagious but it can be stressful or make you feel bad.
Vitiligo Causes and Treatment
Eating foods that are opposite in nature (like eating fish and milk together) results in toxin formation inside the body, which disturbs the immune system and leads to degeneration of pigment-producing melanocytes cells, causing Vitiligo. It is also associated with certain inflammatory diseases and auto-immune like Thyroid, Diabetes, Psoriasis, and Anemia. It may also be hereditary; i.e., it can run in families. A trigger like a sunburn, stress or exposure to industrial chemicals also causes Vitiligo.