- Anorexia nervosa Symptoms
- Dieting despite being underweight
- Avoid eating with some excuse
- Obsessed about calories & fats
- Dramatic weight loss & fatigue
- Secretly vomiting after meals
- Over exercising & Mood swings
- Hypotension & Increased cardiac rate
- Rapid muscle cramps & osteoporosis
- Hair loss and Dry & Discoloration of skin
- Constipation & Intolerance to cold
- Dizziness and fainting
Anorexia Nervosa - Overview
Anorexia nervosa is a psychological and physiological disorder in which men and women loss desire to have food even they are hungry. In some cases, the patient gets the bad taste in the mouth and has no desire to swallow the food. It is an eating disorder with low weight, weight gaining fear and a very strong desire to be thin. Many people suffering from anorexia see themselves as overweight even though they are underweight.
Anorexia Nervosa Causes and Treatment
Anorexia is caused due to indigestion and psychological factors like fear, anger, and stress, leading to incomplete digestion of food. This leads to the formation of mucus. Mucus blocks the gastrointestinal channels and thus disturbs the sense of taste. Sedentary lifestyle; stress; having an excess of oily, sweet and heavy food; wrong eating pattern like snacking between meals and eating while watching television are some other causes of Anorexia.