Memory Loss and Alzheimer's/ Dementia
- Memory Loss / Alzheimer / Amnesia Symptoms:
- Forgetfulness & Misused words
- Unable to recall or describe specific instances
- Confusion with time or place & Directions
- Poor judgment or behave
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Difficulty performing regular tasks
- Repeats stories in same conversation
- Trouble understanding visual images
- Changes in mood and personality
Memory Loss and Alzheimer's/ Dementia - Overview
Memory refers to storage, retention, and recall of information including past experiences, knowledge and thoughts. It’s normal to become a bit forgetful as you get older. However, memory loss can be a symptom of something more serious. The more severe form of memory loss includes Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. It is a progressively debilitating condition that slowly destroys memory and thinking skills.
Memory Loss / Alzheimer / Amnesia Causes and Treatment
Head injury, brain-stroke, brain tumor, clots in the brain’s blood vessels and bleeding in the brain can be the causes of memory loss. Anxiety, stress, depression, an underactive thyroid, long-term alcohol use, Vitamin B1 deficiency are some other causes of Alzheimer/ Amnesia/ Dementia or Memory Loss.