- Sleep walking symptoms:
- Sitting up in bed & repeating movements like Rubbing eyes or tugging on pajamas
- Looking around to walking around in the room or house
- Leaving the house & even driving for the long distances
- No response during the whole event & usually doesn't remember it
- Open eyes with glassy stare as roams around the house
- May talk while walking
- Urinate in undesirable places
Sleep Walking - Overview
Sleepwalking is a behavior disorder that originates during the deep sleep and results in waking up during the night and walking or doing other activities without any memory of having engaged in it. In some cases, he/she may talk and not make sense. This disorder is much more common in children (4 to 12 years) than adults and it is more likely to occur if a person suffers from sleeplessness problem. It usually tends to occur within an hour or two of falling asleep and it may last on average between 5 and 15 minutes.
Sleepwalking Causes and Treatment
Sleepwalking Causes include: hereditary (the condition may run in families, Identical twins are more likely to sleepwalk), lack of sleep or fatigue, interrupted sleep or inefficient sleep, illness or fever, if you are drunk, certain medications (which promote relaxation or sleep), anxiety, stress, going to bed with full bladder, noisy sleep environment/different sleep environment.