- Excessive hunger & Weakness
- Frequent bowel movements
- Nervousness & Intolerance towards heat
- Nausea and Vomiting
- High blood pressure & Irregular heartbeat
- Scanty or irregular menstruation
- Fatigue and Inability to concentrate
- Weight loss & hair loss
- Sleeplessness & excessive sweating
- Itching and tremors
Hyperthyroidism - Overview
Hyperthyroidism is a condition which is characterized by excessive production of thyroxin by the thyroid gland. This problem leads to several other problems also like rapid heart rate, high blood pressure and hand tremors. Early diagnosis of thyroid disorder can also help to get an early treatment and thereby helps in preventing several complications.
Causes of Hyperthyroidism
Excessive intake of iodine or thyroxine, tumors of thyroid gland or of pituitary gland, excess secretion of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) by pituitary gland, inflammation of thyroid, tumors of ovaries or testes, excess consumption of tetra-iodothyronine as dietary supplements or medication, toxic goiter are generally there behind hyperthyroidism.