- bipolar disorder symptoms:
- Depression and Mania
- Mood swings like excitement or sad
- Irritability & Loss of weight or appetite
- Sleep problems & Loss of energy or Fatigue
- Talking very fast and Feeling hopeless
- Thought of death or suicide
- Delusions and hallucinations
- Inflated self-esteem and High sex drive
- Detachment from reality
Bipolar Disorder - Overview
Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder (manic-depressive illness) that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity level, and ability. It involves episodes of both depression and serious mania. In this disorder a person's mood swings from excessively high and irritable, to hopeless and sad or down, and then back again, with the periods of normal mood in between.
Bipolar Disorder Causes and Treatment
People with bipolar disorder have physical changes in their brains. The significance of these changes is uncertain but may eventually help to pinpoint the causes. Bipolar disorder manifests due to an imbalance of neurotransmitters like glutamate, psychological factors like stress, medications like anti-depressants, diseases like neurological disorders, diabetes, substance abuse, genetic factor, low immunity, sleep deprivation, and seasonal changes.