Depression and Anxiety
- Loss of interest or pleasure in liked activities
- Feeling low self-esteem or Guilt
- Feelings of isolation or Worthlessness
- Sleeping too much or very less
- Tiredness or loss of energy
- Eating too little or too much
- Pains without any physical cause
- Harming self and suicide
- Problems in concentrating or remembering or making simple decisions
Depression and Anxiety - Overview
Depression is a mood disorder that affects mood, thinking, feeling as well as behavior of an affected person. The affected person may have trouble in doing his daily activities. Some people experience these feelings very intensely, some experience it for long periods of time (weeks, months or even years) and sometimes without any apparent reason. This disorder is also known as major depressive disorder or clinical depression.
Depression causes vary from person to person. Causes can be Traumatic or upsetting events – Break up, Bad Results in Exams, Death of a loved one, Diseases and side-effects of medication – Period delaying pills, Sleeping Pills, Lack of meaningful things to do in life - feelings of boredom and aimlessness, Having a genetic predisposition to depression or anxiety, Lack of love and Affection from family. Various biological, psychological and social factors that may cause Anxiety are Brain chemistry, Heredity, Personality and Life experiences.