- Flatulence (stomach gas) Symptoms:
- Belching & Headache in some cases
- Lethargy and Dullness
- Loss of appetite & Nausea
- Pain or feeling of heaviness in abdomen
- Increased frequency or excessive instances of passing gas
- Smelly or foul smelling gas production
- Bloating and/or knotted sensation in the abdomen
Flatulence - Overview
Flatulence is a medical term giving for a condition in which gas is released from the digestive system through the anus. It is commonly known as farting, passing wind or having gas. It occurs when the gas collects inside the digestive system and is a normal process. Some people suppress this urge, but this urge not be suppressed, as doing so may give rise to many diseases.
Flatulence Causes and Treatment
Poor digestion and poor absorption of foods in small intestines cause flatulence. Irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, Colon cancer, breakdown of undigested foods, swallowed air, lactase intolerance and allergies from certain foods may also cause flatulence. People with scar tissue from abdominal operations or internal hernias may have a sensation of bloating because of increased sensitivity to gas. A sedentary lifestyle and low fiber diet cause indigestion or ama formation leading to flatulence.