- Pneumonia Symptoms:
- Cough or Cold & fever
- Fast breathing & Feeling short of breath
- Shaking & Teeth-chattering chills
- Chest pain that often feels worse when you cough or breathe in
- Fast heartbeat & Feeling very tired or weak
- Nausea or vomiting & diarrhea
Pneumonia - Overview
Pneumonia is a complication of a respiratory infection. It is swelling or inflammation of the tissues in one or both the lungs. It is usually caused by a bacterial infection. In pneumonia clusters of tiny sacs present at the end of the breathing tubes in the lungs, become inflamed and gets filled with the fluid. It usually starts when you breathe the germs into your lungs.
Pneumonia Causes and Treatment
Many different germs can cause pneumonia. Main causes of pneumonia are bacteria, viruses, mycoplasmas, other infectious agents, such as fungi and various chemicals. Cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking, people having a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like emphysema, asthma, or HIV/AIDS and malnourished person have more chances to catch Pneumonia.